There is no need to go any farther than these loaded fries with all the fixin’s for your next cheat day since they have everything you could possibly want: melty colby jack cheese, crispy bacon, tangy green onions, and a little bit of a kick from jalapenos! Because of how delicious they are, it is possible that you could forget that you are really consuming a vegetable (potatoes do count, right?).
To tell the truth, there’s no such thing as making fries the incorrect way. They are delicious when covered with carne asada, but my personal favorite is when they are coated in melted cheese and bacon. You’ll have to test out both of them!
The Recipe for Loaded Cheese Fries
When it comes to quenching your yearning for something salty, crunchy, and scrumptious, loaded fries are an incredible game-changer that you just cannot pass up. Imagine a heaping platter of freshly cooked, crispy fries that have been topped with melted cheese, chunks of crispy bacon, and jalapenos that have a kick to them. The mingling of tastes and textures creates a sensation that is almost impossible to resist. These loaded fries are the best appetizer you could ever serve at any event, whether it be a party or a game day. They are sure to be a hit with the customers, and it is almost difficult to refrain from grabbing just one more fry when you see them.
If you want to take your loaded fries to the next level, cooking them from scratch is the way to go since it gives you more control over the ingredients. Not only are you able to guarantee that the fries are cooked to perfection and crispy, but you can also tailor the toppings to your particular preferences in terms of flavor. You can choose to add some sour salsa, creamy guacamole, or some more heat by drizzling some spicy sauce or sriracha mayo over the top. The possibilities are really limitless!
The Components That You Will Require
Take a look at the ingredients that I used to create loaded fries! When you make them at home, you have the advantage of being able to personalize every aspect of the toppings according to your preferences. More suggestions for toppings may be found in the tips section that follows.
- Loaded cheese fries are made attractive by their golden and crispy French fries, which are a staple ingredient. These perfectly crisp potatoes are the ideal vehicle for all of the other toppings, and they can be made with frozen fries purchased from the store or with homemade fries that you prepare at home.
- Colby Jack Cheese: Shredded Colby Jack cheese is the ideal topping for loaded cheese fries, since it adds flavor without adding extra calories. It melts smoothly and imparts a deliciously cheesy and creamy flavor to each and every taste.
- Green Onions: Thinly sliced green onions provide a delicate onion taste to the dish while also adding a splash of color to the dish. In addition, despite the fact that it is merely a heap of fries, they give the meal an air of sophistication.
- These loaded fries are taken to the next level with the addition of bacon that has been cooked until it is crispy and then torn into little pieces. It imparts a smokey flavor, a salty taste, and a delightful crunch to each and every mouthful. Make the preparation process simpler by using bacon that has already been cooked.
- Jalapenos: Thinly sliced jalapenos give the meal a bit of a jolt of heat. They are not for individuals with a weak stomach, but they are the ideal complement for those who want a little of a kick in their food.
- Famous Fry Sauce: A tangy and creamy sauce that is the ideal accompaniment to loaded fries, famous fry sauce may be served on the side for dipping but is not required. It elevates the overall flavor of everything. Believe me when I say that you’ll want to dip each and every fry in it.
The Ultimate Guide to Cooking the Perfect Loaded Fries
Who says you have to be a Michelin-starred chef to wow your coworkers or friends with some mouthwatering fare? The loaded fries are the ideal snack to serve at a party or a sporting event, and the best thing is that they are really simple to prepare. A platter of crispy fries topped with gooey cheese, crispy bacon, and fiery jalapenos can be made with only a few basic ingredients and a dash of ingenuity. This dish will have everyone salivating and will need very little effort on your part. Believe me when I say that if you dish up a platter of these nasty boys, you will quickly become the most valuable player at the gathering.
- Preheat the Oven: Bring the temperature of the oven up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, or whatever temperature is specified on the back of the container containing the french fries.
- Fries may be baked by placing them on a baking sheet with a rim, following the directions on the box, and cooking them until they are super crispy, tossing them after 10 minutes. You also have the option of cooking the fries in an air fryer and then transferring them to a baking sheet after they have reached the desired level of crispiness in the air fryer.
- When the fries have reached the desired level of crispiness, take them out of the oven and put them under the broiler. Then choose the broil function on the oven’s control panel and set the temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add Bacon and Cheese: Sprinkle some shredded cheese and crumbled cooked bacon over the top of the fries. After that, return the fries to the oven for one to three minutes, or until the cheese has melted, whichever comes first.
- Add Toppings, and Serve: Sprinkle some sliced jalapenos and green onions on top, then serve with my own fry sauce. Enjoy!